Accident Lawyers in Evansville, IL
Call the Evansville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Evansville, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Evansville, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Evansville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Evansville accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Evansville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury claim in Evansville, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Evansville.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Evansville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Evansville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Evansville area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Evansville accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Evansville residents with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Evansville
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Evansville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Evansville will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Evansville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Evansville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Evansville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Evansville, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Evansville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Evansville, IL, are available 24/7.