Accident Lawyers in Ewing, IL
Call the Ewing, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Ewing, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Ewing, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Ewing, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Ewing accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Ewing, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Ewing, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Ewing.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Ewing injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Ewing Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Ewing area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Ewing accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Ewing residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Ewing
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Ewing accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Ewing will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Ewing, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Ewing, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Ewing accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Ewing, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Ewing accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Ewing, IL, are available 24/7.