Accident Lawyers in Fairfield, IL
Call the Fairfield, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Fairfield, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Fairfield, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Fairfield, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Fairfield accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Fairfield, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Fairfield, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Fairfield.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Fairfield injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Fairfield Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Fairfield area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Fairfield accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Fairfield clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Fairfield
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Fairfield accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Fairfield will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Fairfield, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Fairfield, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Fairfield accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Fairfield, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Fairfield accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Fairfield, IL, are available 24/7.