Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact the Fairview Heights, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Fairview Heights, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Fairview Heights, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Fairview Heights accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Fairview Heights, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Fairview Heights, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Fairview Heights.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Fairview Heights injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Fairview Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Fairview Heights area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Fairview Heights accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Fairview Heights clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Fairview Heights
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Fairview Heights accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Fairview Heights will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Fairview Heights, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Fairview Heights accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Fairview Heights, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Fairview Heights accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, are available 24/7.