Accident Lawyers in Fenton, MO
Contact the Fenton, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Fenton, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Fenton, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Fenton, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Fenton accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Fenton, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Fenton, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Fenton.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Fenton injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Fenton Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Fenton area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Fenton accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Fenton clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Fenton
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Fenton accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Fenton will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Fenton, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Fenton, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Fenton accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Fenton, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Fenton accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Fenton, MO, are available 24/7.