Accident Lawyers in Festus, MO
Call the Festus, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Festus, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Festus, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Festus, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Festus accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Festus, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Festus, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Festus.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Festus injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Festus Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Festus area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Festus accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Festus residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Festus
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Festus accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Festus will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Festus, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Festus, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It is our goal to help Festus accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Festus, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Festus accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Festus, MO, are available 24/7.