Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL
Call the Flora, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Flora, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Flora, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Flora accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Flora, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Flora, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Flora.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Flora injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Flora Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Flora area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Flora accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Flora clients with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Flora
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Flora accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Flora will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Flora, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Flora, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Flora accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Flora, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Flora accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Flora, IL, are available 24/7.