Accident Lawyers in Florissant, MO
Contact the Florissant, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Florissant, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Florissant, MO, area. We help victims recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Florissant, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Florissant accident lawyers support victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Florissant, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Florissant, MO, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Florissant.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Florissant injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Florissant Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Florissant area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Florissant accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Florissant clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Florissant
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Florissant accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Florissant will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Florissant, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Florissant, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled various vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Florissant accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Florissant, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Florissant accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Florissant, MO, are available 24/7.