Accident Lawyers in Franklin County, MO
Call a Franklin County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Franklin County, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Franklin County area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Franklin County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Franklin County accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Franklin County, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Franklin County, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Franklin County.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Franklin County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Franklin County
As one of the best accident firms in the Franklin County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Franklin County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Franklin County residents with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Franklin County
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in Franklin County will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Franklin County will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Franklin County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Franklin County
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Franklin County accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Franklin County Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Franklin County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Franklin County, MO, are available 24/7.