Accident Lawyers in Freeburg, IL
Contact the Freeburg, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Freeburg, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Freeburg, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Freeburg, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Freeburg accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Freeburg, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Freeburg, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Freeburg.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Freeburg injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Freeburg Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Freeburg area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Freeburg accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Freeburg clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Freeburg
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Freeburg accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Freeburg will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Freeburg, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Freeburg, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Freeburg accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Freeburg, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Freeburg accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Freeburg, IL, are available 24/7.