Accident Lawyers in Fults, IL
Call the Fults, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Fults, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Fults, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Fults, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Fults accident lawyers support victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Fults, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Fults, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Fults.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Fults injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Fults Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Fults area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Fults accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Fults residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Fults
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Fults accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Fults will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Fults, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Fults, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Fults accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Fults, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Fults accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Fults, IL, are available 24/7.