Accident Lawyers in Geleconda, IL
Contact the Geleconda, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Geleconda, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Geleconda, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Geleconda, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Geleconda accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Geleconda, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Geleconda, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Geleconda.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Geleconda injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Geleconda Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Geleconda area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Geleconda accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Geleconda clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Geleconda
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Geleconda accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Geleconda will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Geleconda, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Geleconda, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Geleconda accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Geleconda, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Geleconda accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Geleconda, IL, are available 24/7.