Accident Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL
Contact the Glen Carbon, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Glen Carbon, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Glen Carbon, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Glen Carbon accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Glen Carbon, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Glen Carbon, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Glen Carbon.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Glen Carbon injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Glen Carbon Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Glen Carbon area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Glen Carbon accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Glen Carbon residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Glen Carbon
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Glen Carbon accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Glen Carbon will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Glen Carbon, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Glen Carbon accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Glen Carbon, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Glen Carbon accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL, are available 24/7.