Accident Lawyers in Godfrey, IL
Call the Godfrey, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Godfrey, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Godfrey, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Godfrey, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Godfrey accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Godfrey, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Godfrey, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Godfrey.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Godfrey injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Godfrey Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Godfrey area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Godfrey accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Godfrey clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Godfrey
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Godfrey accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Godfrey will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Godfrey, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Godfrey, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Godfrey accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Godfrey, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Godfrey accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Godfrey, IL, are available 24/7.