Accident Lawyers in Goreville, IL
Contact the Goreville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Goreville, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Goreville, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Goreville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Goreville accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Goreville, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Goreville, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Goreville.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Goreville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Goreville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Goreville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Goreville accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Goreville clients with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Goreville
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Goreville accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Goreville will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Goreville, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Goreville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Goreville accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Goreville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Goreville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Goreville, IL, are available 24/7.