Accident Lawyers in Grand Tower, IL
Contact the Grand Tower, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Grand Tower, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Grand Tower, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Grand Tower, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Grand Tower accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Grand Tower, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Grand Tower, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Grand Tower.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Grand Tower injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Grand Tower Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Grand Tower area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Grand Tower accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Grand Tower residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Grand Tower
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Grand Tower accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Grand Tower will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Grand Tower, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Grand Tower, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Grand Tower accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Grand Tower, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Grand Tower accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Grand Tower, IL, are available 24/7.