Accident Lawyers in Gray Summit, MO
Call the Gray Summit, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Gray Summit, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Gray Summit, MO, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Gray Summit, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Gray Summit accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Gray Summit, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury claim in Gray Summit, MO, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Gray Summit.
Having settled upwards of $50 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Gray Summit injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Gray Summit Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Gray Summit area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Gray Summit accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Gray Summit clients with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Gray Summit
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Gray Summit accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Gray Summit will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Gray Summit, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Gray Summit, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Gray Summit accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Gray Summit, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Gray Summit accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Gray Summit, MO, are available 24/7.