Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL
Contact the Grayville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Grayville, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Grayville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Grayville accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Grayville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Grayville, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Grayville.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Grayville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Grayville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Grayville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Grayville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Grayville clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Grayville
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Grayville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Grayville will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Grayville, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Grayville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Grayville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Grayville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Grayville accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Grayville, IL, are available 24/7.