Accident Lawyers in Green County, IL
Call a Green County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Green County, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Green County area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Green County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Green County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Green County, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Green County, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Green County.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Green County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Green County
Among the best accident law firms in the Green County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Green County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Green County clients with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Green County
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Green County will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Green County will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Green County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Green County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Green County accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Green County Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Green County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small uk-child-width-1-3@l uk-child-width-1-2@m”]
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Green County, IL, are available 24/7.