Accident Lawyers in Greenville, IL
Call the Greenville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Greenville, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Greenville, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Greenville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Greenville accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Greenville, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury claim in Greenville, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Greenville.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Greenville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Greenville Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Greenville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Greenville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Greenville clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Greenville
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Greenville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Greenville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Greenville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Greenville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Greenville accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Greenville, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Greenville accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Greenville, IL, are available 24/7.