Accident Lawyers in Hamel, IL
Call the Hamel, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Hamel, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Hamel, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Hamel, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Hamel accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Hamel, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Hamel, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Hamel.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Hamel injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Hamel Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Hamel area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Hamel accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Hamel residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Hamel
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Hamel accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Hamel will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Hamel, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Hamel, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Hamel accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Hamel, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Hamel accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Hamel, IL, are available 24/7.