Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, IL
Contact the Harrisburg, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Harrisburg, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Harrisburg, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Harrisburg accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Harrisburg, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Harrisburg, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Harrisburg.
Having settled over $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Harrisburg injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Harrisburg Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Harrisburg area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Harrisburg accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Harrisburg clients with the information and experience they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Harrisburg
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Harrisburg accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Harrisburg will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Harrisburg, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Harrisburg, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Harrisburg accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Harrisburg, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Harrisburg accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Harrisburg, IL, are available 24/7.