Accident Lawyers in Hermann, MO
Contact the Hermann, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Hermann, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Hermann, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Hermann, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Hermann accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Hermann, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Hermann, MO, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Hermann.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Hermann injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Hermann Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Hermann area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Hermann accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Hermann residents with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Hermann
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Hermann accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Hermann will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Hermann, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Hermann, MO
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Hermann accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Hermann, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Hermann accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Hermann, MO, are available 24/7.