Accident Lawyers in Herrin, IL
Contact the Herrin, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Herrin, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Herrin, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Herrin, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Herrin accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Herrin, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Herrin, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Herrin.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Herrin injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Herrin Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Herrin area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Herrin accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Herrin clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Herrin
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Herrin accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Herrin will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Herrin, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Herrin, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Herrin accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Herrin, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Herrin accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Herrin, IL, are available 24/7.