Accident Lawyers in High Hill, MO
Call the High Hill, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in High Hill, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the High Hill, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our High Hill, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s High Hill accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for High Hill, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in High Hill, MO, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in High Hill.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the High Hill injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
High Hill Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the High Hill area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The High Hill accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer High Hill clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in High Hill
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced High Hill accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in High Hill will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in High Hill, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in High Hill, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help High Hill accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your High Hill, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The High Hill accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in High Hill, MO, are available 24/7.