Accident Lawyers in Highland, IL
Contact the Highland, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Highland, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Highland, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Highland, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Highland accident lawyers support victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Highland, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Highland, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Highland.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Highland injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Highland Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Highland area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Highland accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Highland clients with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Highland
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Highland accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Highland will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Highland, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Highland, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Highland accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Highland, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Highland accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Highland, IL, are available 24/7.