Accident Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO
Call the Hillsboro, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Hillsboro, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Hillsboro, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Hillsboro accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Hillsboro, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Hillsboro, MO, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Hillsboro.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Hillsboro injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Hillsboro Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Hillsboro area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Hillsboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Hillsboro residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Hillsboro
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Hillsboro accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Hillsboro will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Hillsboro, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Hillsboro, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Hillsboro accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Hillsboro, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Hillsboro accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Hillsboro, MO, are available 24/7.