Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL
Contact the Hoyleton, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Hoyleton, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Hoyleton, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Hoyleton accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Hoyleton, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Hoyleton, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Hoyleton.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Hoyleton injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Hoyleton Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Hoyleton area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Hoyleton accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Hoyleton residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Hoyleton
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Hoyleton accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Hoyleton will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Hoyleton, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Hoyleton, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Hoyleton accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Hoyleton, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Hoyleton accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Hoyleton, IL, are available 24/7.