Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO
Call a Jefferson County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Jefferson County area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Jefferson County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Jefferson County accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Jefferson County, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Jefferson County, MO, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Jefferson County.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Jefferson County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Jefferson County
Among the best accident law firms in the Jefferson County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Jefferson County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Jefferson County clients with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Jefferson County
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in Jefferson County will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Jefferson County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Jefferson County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Jefferson County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Jefferson County accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Jefferson County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Jefferson County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small uk-child-width-1-3@l uk-child-width-1-2@m”]
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Jefferson County, MO, are available 24/7.