Accident Lawyers in Jennings, MO
Call the Jennings, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Jennings, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Jennings, MO, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Jennings, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Jennings accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Jennings, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Jennings, MO, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Jennings.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Jennings injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Jennings Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Jennings area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Jennings accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Jennings clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Jennings
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Jennings accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Jennings will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Jennings, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Jennings, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Jennings accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Jennings, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Jennings accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Jennings, MO, are available 24/7.