Accident Lawyers in Jersey County, IL
Contact a Jersey County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Jersey County, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Jersey County area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Jersey County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Dixon’s Jersey County accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Jersey County, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Jersey County, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Jersey County.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Jersey County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Jersey County
Among the best accident firms in the Jersey County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Jersey County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Jersey County clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Jersey County
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Jersey County will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Jersey County will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Jersey County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Jersey County
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Jersey County accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Jersey County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Jersey County accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Jersey County, IL, are available 24/7.