Accident Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL
Contact the Jonesboro, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Jonesboro, IL, area. We help victims recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Jonesboro, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Jonesboro accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Jonesboro, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Jonesboro, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Jonesboro.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Jonesboro injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Jonesboro Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Jonesboro area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Jonesboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Jonesboro clients with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Jonesboro
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Jonesboro accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Jonesboro will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Jonesboro, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Jonesboro, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Jonesboro accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Jonesboro, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Jonesboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Jonesboro, IL, are available 24/7.