Accident Lawyers in Joppa, IL
Call the Joppa, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Joppa, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Joppa, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Joppa, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Joppa accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Joppa, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury case in Joppa, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Joppa.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Joppa injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Joppa Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Joppa area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Joppa accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Joppa residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Joppa
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Joppa accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Joppa will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Joppa, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Joppa, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Joppa accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Joppa, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Joppa accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Joppa, IL, are available 24/7.