Accident Lawyers in Kamak, IL
Contact the Kamak, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Kamak, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Kamak, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Kamak, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Kamak accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Kamak, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Kamak, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Kamak.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Kamak injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Kamak Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Kamak area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Kamak accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Kamak residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Kamak
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Kamak accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Kamak will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Kamak, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Kamak, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Kamak accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Kamak, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Kamak accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Kamak, IL, are available 24/7.