Accident Lawyers in Kinmundy, IL
Call the Kinmundy, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Kinmundy, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Kinmundy, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Kinmundy, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Kinmundy accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Kinmundy, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Kinmundy, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Kinmundy.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Kinmundy injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Kinmundy Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Kinmundy area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Kinmundy accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Kinmundy clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Kinmundy
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Kinmundy accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Kinmundy will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Kinmundy, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Kinmundy, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Kinmundy accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Kinmundy, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Kinmundy accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Kinmundy, IL, are available 24/7.