Accident Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
Call the Kirkwood, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Kirkwood, MO, area. We help clients recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Kirkwood, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Kirkwood accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Kirkwood, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Kirkwood, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Kirkwood.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Kirkwood injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Kirkwood Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Kirkwood area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Kirkwood accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Kirkwood clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Kirkwood
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Kirkwood accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Kirkwood will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Kirkwood, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Kirkwood, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Kirkwood accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Kirkwood, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Kirkwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Kirkwood, MO, are available 24/7.