Accident Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO
Contact the Lake St. Louis, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Lake St. Louis, MO, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Lake St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Lake St. Louis accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Lake St. Louis, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury claim in Lake St. Louis, MO, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Lake St. Louis.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Lake St. Louis injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Lake St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Lake St. Louis area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Lake St. Louis accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Lake St. Louis clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Lake St. Louis
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Lake St. Louis accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Lake St. Louis will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Lake St. Louis, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Lake St. Louis accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Lake St. Louis, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Lake St. Louis accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO, are available 24/7.