Accident Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL
Call the Lawrenceville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Lawrenceville, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Lawrenceville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Lawrenceville accident lawyers support victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Lawrenceville, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Lawrenceville, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Lawrenceville.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Lawrenceville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Lawrenceville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Lawrenceville accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Lawrenceville clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Lawrenceville
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Lawrenceville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Lawrenceville will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Lawrenceville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Lawrenceville accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Lawrenceville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Lawrenceville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Lawrenceville, IL, are available 24/7.