Accident Lawyers in Lincoln County, MO
Contact a Lincoln County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Lincoln County, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Lincoln County area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Lincoln County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Our Lincoln County accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Lincoln County, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in Lincoln County, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Lincoln County.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Lincoln County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Lincoln County
Among the best accident firms in the Lincoln County area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Lincoln County accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Lincoln County residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Lincoln County
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Lincoln County will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Lincoln County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Lincoln County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Lincoln County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Lincoln County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Lincoln County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Lincoln County accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Lincoln County, MO, are available 24/7.