Accident Lawyers in Macoupin County, IL
Contact a Macoupin County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Macoupin County, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Macoupin County area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Macoupin County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Macoupin County accident lawyers support victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Macoupin County, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Macoupin County, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Macoupin County.
Having settled over $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Macoupin County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Macoupin County
As a top accident law firms in the Macoupin County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Macoupin County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Macoupin County residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Macoupin County
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Macoupin County will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Macoupin County will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Macoupin County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Macoupin County
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Macoupin County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Macoupin County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Macoupin County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Macoupin County, IL, are available 24/7.