Accident Lawyers in Madison County, IL
Call a Madison County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Madison County, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Madison County area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Madison County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Madison County accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Madison County, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Madison County, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Madison County.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Madison County injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Madison County
As one of the best accident firms in the Madison County area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Madison County accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Madison County clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Madison County
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Madison County will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Madison County will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Madison County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Madison County
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Madison County accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Madison County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Madison County accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Madison County, IL, are available 24/7.