Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL
Contact the Makanda, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Makanda, IL, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Makanda, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Makanda accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Makanda, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Makanda, IL, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Makanda.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Makanda injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Makanda Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Makanda area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Makanda accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Makanda residents with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Makanda
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Makanda accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Makanda will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Makanda, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Makanda, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Makanda accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Makanda, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Makanda accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Makanda, IL, are available 24/7.