Accident Lawyers in Marion, IL
Call the Marion, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Marion, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Marion, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Marion, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Marion accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Marion, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Marion, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Marion.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Marion injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Marion Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Marion area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Marion accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Marion clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Marion
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Marion accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Marion will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Marion, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Marion, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Marion accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Marion, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Marion accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Marion, IL, are available 24/7.