Accident Lawyers in Marissa, IL
Contact the Marissa, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Marissa, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Marissa, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Marissa, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Marissa accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Marissa, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Marissa, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Marissa.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Marissa injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Marissa Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Marissa area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Marissa accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Marissa clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Marissa
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Marissa accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Marissa will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Marissa, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Marissa, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Marissa accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Marissa, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Marissa accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Marissa, IL, are available 24/7.