Accident Lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO
Call the Maryland Heights, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Maryland Heights, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Maryland Heights, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Maryland Heights accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Maryland Heights, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Maryland Heights, MO, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Maryland Heights.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Maryland Heights injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Maryland Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Maryland Heights area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Maryland Heights accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Maryland Heights clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Maryland Heights
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Maryland Heights accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Maryland Heights will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Maryland Heights, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens car- and truck-related claims. It is our job to help Maryland Heights accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Maryland Heights, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Maryland Heights accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO, are available 24/7.