Accident Lawyers in Matson, MO
Call the Matson, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Matson, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Matson, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $50 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Matson, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Matson accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Matson, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Matson, MO, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Matson.
Having settled over $50 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Matson injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Matson Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Matson area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Matson accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Matson clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Matson
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Matson accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Matson will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Matson, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Matson, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It’s our goal to help Matson accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Matson, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Matson accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Matson, MO, are available 24/7.