Accident Lawyers in Maunie, IL
Contact the Maunie, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Maunie, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Maunie, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Maunie, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Maunie accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Maunie, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Maunie, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Maunie.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Maunie injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Maunie Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Maunie area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Maunie accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Maunie residents with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Maunie
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Maunie accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Maunie will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Maunie, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Maunie, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Maunie accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Maunie, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Maunie accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Maunie, IL, are available 24/7.