Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL
Call the McLeansboro, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the McLeansboro, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s McLeansboro, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s McLeansboro accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for McLeansboro, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury claim in McLeansboro, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in McLeansboro.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the McLeansboro injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
McLeansboro Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the McLeansboro area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The McLeansboro accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide McLeansboro residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in McLeansboro
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled McLeansboro accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in McLeansboro will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in McLeansboro, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in McLeansboro, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help McLeansboro accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your McLeansboro, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The McLeansboro accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in McLeansboro, IL, are available 24/7.