Accident Lawyers in Mehlville, MO
Contact the Mehlville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Mehlville, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Mehlville, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Mehlville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Mehlville accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Mehlville, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Mehlville, MO, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Mehlville.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Mehlville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Mehlville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Mehlville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Mehlville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Mehlville clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Mehlville
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Mehlville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Mehlville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Mehlville, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Mehlville, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Mehlville accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Mehlville, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Mehlville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Mehlville, MO, are available 24/7.