Accident Lawyers in Metropolis, IL
Call the Metropolis, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Metropolis, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Metropolis, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Metropolis, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Metropolis accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Metropolis, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Metropolis, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Metropolis.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Metropolis injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Metropolis Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Metropolis area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Metropolis accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Metropolis residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Metropolis
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Metropolis accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Metropolis will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Metropolis, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Metropolis, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Metropolis accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Metropolis, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Metropolis accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Metropolis, IL, are available 24/7.